Rob Mathis was elected County Trustee in 2010. A native of Cocke County, he is also a former mathematics teacher, Army officer, and Iraq War veteran.
The Trustee’s Office is an elective office. This office has four primary responsibilities:
- The Trustee serves as the treasurer of the county and in this position, he must implement a sound cash management policy because of its impact on other county offices and on taxpayers.
- The office serves as the county bank since it handles all receipts and disbursements for the operating departments of general government, public education, and highways.
- The Trustee is responsible for billing and collecting property taxes, maintaining accurate records of property tax payments.
- The Trustee also manages the total cash of the county and invests the idle cash funds to achieve the greatest secured return for the taxpayers.
The office staff are:
- Juanita Frazier-Chief Deputy/Bookkeeper
- Annette Merica-Senior Deputy/Assistant Bookkeeper
- April Henderson-Junior Deputy
- Joan Stokely-Clerk
The Tennessee Code Annotated describes the operating procedures under which the Trustee must adhere.
Property Tax Payment Options Are:
- In person: Trustee’s Office is on the first floor of the Cocke County Court House, Room 107; We accept cash, checks, money orders, debit cards and credit cards. All cards will be charged a processing fee. Cocke County does not receive any of this fee.
- By mail: See address below. Postmark accepted.
- By phone: By credit card or e-check (1-877-768-5048). A convenience fee will be charged by our vendor for all phone payments. Cocke County does not receive any of this fee.
- Online: http://www.tennesseetrustee.com/
- After Business Hours: Deposit envelope containing payment and tax notice in the slot labeled “Property Tax Payment Night Deposit” in the door beside the teller windows. Please provide a self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to receive a receipt by mail.
To avoid penalty and interest, taxes must be paid by the last business day of each February following mailing of tax notices.
Property Tax Look-up & Payment: http://cocke.tennesseetrustee.org/