Cocke County Election Commission
Josh Blanchard, Administrator of Elections
Voter Registration DEADLINE is April 2, 2018, for May County Primary.
Voter Registration by Paper Form – Click Here to Download
Am I Registered to Vote? Click Here to Check status, voting location, and County Commissioner District. You may also call our office at (423) 623-2042.
Cocke County Primary – May 1, 2018
- Voters must select either County Republican Primary or County Democratic Primary.
- Voter Registration Deadline – April 2, 2018
Early Voting – April 11 – 26, 2018
Early Voting Location:
Cocke County Election Commission Office
360 E. Main Street, Room 130
Newport, TN 37821
Early Voting Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Last day (Thursday, April 26): 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Early Voting Hours by Date:
- April 11 – 13: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- April 14: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- April 16 – 20: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- April 21: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- April 23 – 25: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- April 26 (last day): 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Election Day, County Primary
May 1, 2018 – 9:00 a.m – 8:00 p.m.
Voters must vote at their assigned Polling Place on Election Day.
To verify, refer to your Voter Registration Card / Letter, call our office at 423-623-2042, or use the TN Online Voter Lookup site Click Here.
Photo ID law
Click Here for more information.
Absentee By-Mail voting
The last day to request an Absentee By-Mail Ballot for the County Primary is April 24, 2018. Call our office at (423) 623-2042 or Click Here for an Absentee Ballot Request Form.
More details on Absentee By-Mail Voting, Click Here
Restoration of Voting Rights
Click Here for more information or call the Cocke County Election office at (423) 623-2042.
Voting Rights Restoration paperwork should be completed as soon as possible so, if approved, the individual could have time to register to vote by the deadline.
County District Maps (County Commissioner Districts)
The Cocke County Election Commission office:
- Manages all voter registration in Cocke County and all voter list maintenance;
- Plans and implements all elections in Cocke County; federal, state, county, and municipal;
- Provides election information to residents and prospective voters;
- Maintains candidate and referendum records, including nominating petitions and local campaign finance reports;
- Complies with all state law and promulgated rules regarding Elections in the State of Tennessee and monitors new legislation and updates for any changes to the law or rules.
The Administrator of Elections is appointed by the members of the Cocke County Election Commission. The Cocke County Election Commission is comprised of five members appointed by the State Election Commission.
Josh Blanchard is a Cocke County native and graduate of Parrottsville School, Cocke County High School, and the University of Tennessee with a B.S. in Business Administration. Josh and his wife and son live in Del Rio. Josh is currently the youngest sitting county administrator of elections in the state of Tennessee.
- Vaughn Moore, Chair (appointed 2015, chairperson since 2016)
- Vickie Moore, Secretary (appointed 2015, secretary since 2015)
- Charlotte T. Leibrock, Member (appointed 2013)
- Stephen V. Stokely, Member (appointed 2003)
- Betty H. Whitson, Member (appointed 2016)
- Josh Blanchard, Administrator of Elections (appointed 2015)
The Cocke County Election Commission gathers for regular and special meetings throughout the year at the discretion of its chairperson and members. The dates, times, and purposes for all meetings will be posted in the Election Commission office for public review and published in local media.
360 E. Main Street
Courthouse Annex, Room 130
Newport, TN 37821
Fax: (423) 625-8416