Cocke County Election Commission
Josh Blanchard, Administrator of Elections
NOTICE: Voter Registration Deadline is October 5, 2020
Register to Vote In-Person at the Election Commission Office in the Courthouse Annex, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
– or –
Voter Registration By-Mail
Click Here to Download the Tennessee Mail-In Application for Voter Registration.
Postmark the Mail-in Registration Form by October 5, 2020.
Am I Registered to Vote?
Click Here to check registration status, voting location and districts. You may also call our office at (423) 623-2042.
In Tennessee, voter registration does not automatically transfer from county to county. The individual should complete a new voter registration application by the deadline (30 days before an election) when he or she moves to a new county.
Form is due in the Cocke County election office by October 27, 2020.
Consider submitting the Ballot Request Form sooner rather than later.
EARLY VOTING RELOCATED
for the remainder of 2020.
Early Voting Site:
Western Plaza Shopping Center
137 Western Plaza Way, Newport, TN 37821.
This is near Tractor Supply Co and Food City West.
Early Voting Dates: October 14 – October 29, 2020.
Early Voting Hours:
Wed., October 14: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thurs., October 15: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Fri., October 16: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sat., October 17: 9 a.m. – 12 Noon
Mon, October 19: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tues., October 20: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wed., October 21: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thurs., October 22: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Fri., October 23: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sat., October 24: 9 a.m. – 12 Noon
Mon, October 26: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tues., October 27: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Wed., October 28: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thurs., October 29: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Election Day Voting, November 3, 2020
Voting Hours 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Nov. 3.
Voters must vote at their assigned Polling Place on Election Day.
To verify, use the TN Online Voter Lookup site – Click Here, or you may refer to your Voter Registration Card / Letter or call our office at (423) 623-2042.
Absentee By-Mail Voting
Absentee By-Mail Ballot – Request Form for November election
Form is due in the Cocke County election office by October 27, 2020. Consider submitting the form sooner rather than later.
Photo ID Law
Restoration of Voting Rights
Click Here for restoration information or call the Cocke County Election office at (423) 623-2042.
Voting Rights Restoration paperwork should be completed as soon as possible so, if approved, the individual could have time to register to vote by the deadline.
County District Maps (County Commissioner Districts)
Cocke County Election Results
The Cocke County Election Commission office:
- Manages all voter registration in Cocke County and all voter list maintenance;
- Plans and implements all elections in Cocke County; federal, state, county, and municipal;
- Provides election information to residents and prospective voters;
- Maintains candidate and referendum records, including nominating petitions and local campaign finance reports;
- Complies with all state law and promulgated rules regarding Elections in the State of Tennessee and monitors new legislation and updates for any changes to the law or rules.
The Cocke County Administrator of Elections is the chief administrative officer of the Cocke County Election Commission.
- Vaughn Moore, Chair (appointed 2015, chairperson since 2016)
- Vickie Moore, Secretary (appointed 2015, secretary since 2015)
- Charlotte T. Leibrock, Member (appointed 2013)
- Stephen V. Stokely, Member (appointed 2003)
- Betty H. Whitson, Member (appointed 2016)
- Josh Blanchard, Administrator of Elections (appointed 2015)
The Cocke County Election Commission gathers for regular and special meetings throughout the year at the discretion of its chairperson and members. The dates, times, and purposes for all meetings will be posted in the Election Commission office for public review and published in local media.
Cocke County Election Commission office:
Dawn Mousseau, Teri Spinks, Josh Blanchard
360 E. Main Street
Courthouse Annex, Room 130
Newport, TN 37821
Fax: (423) 625-8416