Cocke County Election Commission
Josh Blanchard, Administrator of Elections
Click Here to for Unofficial Statewide Results from the Secretary of State’s office after 8PM. Refresh page frequently.
Election Day Voting, November 3, 2020
Voting Hours 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Nov. 3.
Election Day voters must vote at their assigned Election Day Polling Place.
To verify, use the TN Online Voter Lookup site – Click Here, or you may refer to your latest Voter Registration Card / Letter or call our office at (423) 623-2042.
ELECTION TRAFFIC– Parrottsville & Forest Hill precincts: Old Parrottsville Hwy is closed at Clear Creek bridge. DETOUR: From Hwy 340 N, take Clear Creek Rd to Clear Rd. From Hwy 321, take Carpenter Rd or other end of Old Parrottsville Hwy nearer Newport. Bridge out at blue line.
Unofficial Results will be posted on this website once all of the precincts have returned Election Night.
Voter registration deadline is thirty (30) days before each election.
Am I Registered to Vote?
Click Here to check registration status, voting location and districts. You may also call our office at (423) 623-2042.
In Tennessee, voter registration does not automatically transfer from county to county. The individual should complete a new voter registration application by the deadline (30 days before an election) when he or she moves to a new county.
Deadline to request ballot: October 27, 2020. Track your absentee ballot on GoVoteTN.com.
Photo ID Law
Restoration of Voting Rights
Click Here for restoration information or call the Cocke County Election office at (423) 623-2042.
Voting Rights Restoration paperwork should be completed as soon as possible so, if approved, the individual could have time to register to vote by the deadline.
County District Maps (County Commissioner Districts)
Cocke County Election Results
The Cocke County Election Commission office:
- Manages all voter registration in Cocke County and all voter list maintenance;
- Plans and implements all elections in Cocke County; federal, state, county, and municipal;
- Provides election information to residents and prospective voters;
- Maintains candidate and referendum records, including nominating petitions and local campaign finance reports;
- Complies with all state law and promulgated rules regarding Elections in the State of Tennessee and monitors new legislation and updates for any changes to the law or rules.
The Cocke County Administrator of Elections is the chief administrative officer of the Cocke County Election Commission.
- Vaughn Moore, Chair (appointed 2015, chairperson since 2016)
- Vickie Moore, Secretary (appointed 2015, secretary since 2015)
- Charlotte T. Leibrock, Member (appointed 2013)
- Stephen V. Stokely, Member (appointed 2003)
- Betty H. Whitson, Member (appointed 2016)
- Josh Blanchard, Administrator of Elections (appointed 2015)
The Cocke County Election Commission gathers for regular and special meetings throughout the year at the discretion of its chairperson and members. The dates, times, and purposes for all meetings will be posted in the Election Commission office for public review and published in local media.
Cocke County Election Commission office:
Dawn Mousseau, Teri Spinks, Josh Blanchard
360 E. Main Street
Courthouse Annex, Room 130
Newport, TN 37821
Fax: (423) 625-8416