Cocke County Election Commission
Josh Blanchard, Administrator of Elections
Register to Vote in Cocke County
In Tennessee, voter registration does not automatically transfer from county to county or from state to state. The individual must complete a new voter registration application when he or she moves to a new county.
An application for a new voter registration must be submitted at least thirty (30) days before the next election.
Voter Registration by Paper Form – Click Here to Download
Am I Registered to Vote? Click Here to Check status, voting location, and County Commissioner District. You may also call our office at (423) 623-2042.
Early Voting Location:
Cocke County Election Commission Office
360 E. Main Street, Room 130
Newport, TN 37821
Election Day Voting:
Voters must vote at their assigned Polling Place on Election Day.
To verify, refer to your Voter Registration Card / Letter, call our office at 423-623-2042, or use the TN Online Voter Lookup site Click Here.
Photo ID law
Click Here for more information.
Absentee By-Mail voting
More details on Absentee By-Mail Voting, Click Here
Restoration of Voting Rights
Click Here for more information or call the Cocke County Election office at (423) 623-2042.
Voting Rights Restoration paperwork should be completed as soon as possible so, if approved, the individual could have time to register to vote by the deadline.
Next scheduled election:
- March 3, 2020 – Presidential Preference Primary
County District Maps (County Commissioner Districts)
Cocke County Election Results
The Cocke County Election Commission office:
- Manages all voter registration in Cocke County and all voter list maintenance;
- Plans and implements all elections in Cocke County; federal, state, county, and municipal;
- Provides election information to residents and prospective voters;
- Maintains candidate and referendum records, including nominating petitions and local campaign finance reports;
- Complies with all state law and promulgated rules regarding Elections in the State of Tennessee and monitors new legislation and updates for any changes to the law or rules.
The Cocke County Administrator of Elections is the chief administrative officer of the Cocke County Election Commission.
- Vaughn Moore, Chair (appointed 2015, chairperson since 2016)
- Vickie Moore, Secretary (appointed 2015, secretary since 2015)
- Charlotte T. Leibrock, Member (appointed 2013)
- Stephen V. Stokely, Member (appointed 2003)
- Betty H. Whitson, Member (appointed 2016)
- Josh Blanchard, Administrator of Elections (appointed 2015)
The Cocke County Election Commission gathers for regular and special meetings throughout the year at the discretion of its chairperson and members. The dates, times, and purposes for all meetings will be posted in the Election Commission office for public review and published in local media.
Cocke County Election Commission office:
Dawn Williams, Teri Spinks, Josh Blanchard
360 E. Main Street
Courthouse Annex, Room 130
Newport, TN 37821
Fax: (423) 625-8416