Josh Blanchard, Administrator of Elections
The Administrator of Elections is appointed by the members of the Cocke County Election Commission. The Cocke County Election Commission is comprised of five members appointed by the State Election Commission.
Josh Blanchard is a Cocke County native and graduate of Parrottsville School, Cocke County High School, and the University of Tennessee with a B.S. in Business Administration. Josh and his wife and son live in Del Rio. Josh is currently the youngest sitting county administrator of elections in the state of Tennessee.
The Cocke County Election Commission office:
- Manages all voter registration in Cocke County and all voter list maintenance;
- Plans and implements all elections in Cocke County; federal, state, county, and municipal;
- Provides election information to residents and prospective voters;
- Maintains candidate and referendum records, including nominating petitions and local campaign finance reports;
- Complies with all state law and promulgated rules regarding Elections in the State of Tennessee and monitors new legislation and updates for any changes to the law or rules.
- Vaughn Moore, Chair (appointed 2015, chairperson since 2016)
- Vickie Moore, Secretary (appointed 2015, secretary since 2015)
- Charlotte T. Leibrock, Member (appointed 2013)
- Stephen V. Stokely, Member (appointed 2003)
- Betty H. Whitson, Member (appointed 2016)
- Josh Blanchard, Administrator of Elections (appointed 2015)
The Cocke County Election Commission gathers for regular and special meetings throughout the year at the discretion of its chairperson and members. The dates, times, and purposes for all meetings will be posted in the Election Commission office for public review and published in local media.
- Am I Registered to Vote? https://tnmap.tn.gov/voterlookup/
- Download a Voter Registration Application http://sos-tn-gov-files.s3.amazonaws.com/forms/ss-3010.pdf
360 E. Main Street
Courthouse Annex, Room 130
Newport, TN 37821
Fax: (423) 625-8416